When we put out a call for listener questions, you sent us some doozies!
In this, our first-ever Listener Q & A (Part 1), we tackle three of your questions:
- “I just finished listening to the podcast episode with Amy Lang. I know she says we should begin talking to boys about bodies at 5 but wonder if this still applies to boys who are always using potty words and have horrible filters? My son unfortunately goes to school and talks to his friends about poop and butts.”
- “At what age is ‘experimenting’ with vaping developmentally acceptable and when is it a red flag?”
- “When do you need to back the school and their approach and when do you challenge it?”
We also laugh A LOT.
In this episode, Jen & Janet discuss:
- Potty talk (young boys LOVE talking about poop & butts & pee)
- Fecal transplants (trust us: it was related to the topic at hand!)
- Vaping — and what to do if you discover your son has been experimenting
- School conflicts — when to back the school, and when to back your boy (and how to effectively do both)
Links we mentioned (or should have) in Episode 112:
- Everybody Poops, by Taro Gomi
- Fecal Transplantation, by Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Episode 110: Talk to Boys About Sex with Amy Lang
- Boys, Porn & Masturbation – great info from Amy Lang
- E-Cigarettes — information on vaping from the Nemours Foundation, a credible, reliable source of health information
- Episode 101: Homework and Boys
Enjoy our zany recording day in the fully uncut version on Youtube – you’ll hear both part 1 and 2.
Got a question you’d like us to answer in a future episode? Leave it in the comments below.