HOMEWORK can bring out the worst in us…and our kids. We wonder if we should force them to do it (again) or if we can just stop having them do it all together because the conflict is too great. Is it really important? How do you manage – and help your son manage?
In this re-broadcast of Episode 101, you’ll find information and courage to choose the homework path that is right for your family.
Few things cause boys (and their families) as much stress as HOMEWORK.
In many cases, homework battles turn into outright power struggles — with no winners.
In this episode, Jen & Janet discuss:
- Why boys struggle with homework
- The impact of homework on boys’ academic achievement
- What to do about “meaningless” homework
- How a “too cool for school” attitude can interfere with learning
- Why arguing about homework might not be the best use of your time and energy
Links we mentioned (and more!) in Episode 101
How to Get Boys to Do Homework, Part 1 By Jennifer LW Fink
How to Get Boys to Do Homework, Part 2 By Jennifer LW Fink
Homework Tip #3: Let Your Kids Figure Out When & Where to Work by Jennifer LW Fink
Homework at My House by Jennifer LW Fink
Homework Solutions in the Age of Distraction by Devorah Heitner, Phd
Watch the UNCUT version on Youtube here.