More Maggie Dent!
(If you haven’t yet listened to Part 1 of our conversation, go listen to that one first. Then come back for more Maggie!)
In this episode, Maggie, Janet & Jen discuss:
- How to help elementary school boys handle their frustration when they get in trouble at school
- Boys’ inclination toward protecting others
- How to support boys’ interest in superhero boy & play fighting
- How to deconstruct the “man code” and help boys’ live authentically
- How to talk so boys will listen
- The importance of social-emotional development and learning
- Boys’ friendships — & how moms can help their sons develop important relationship skills
- “Rooster” boys & “lamb” boys, & what they need from their parents & teachers
Links we mentioned (or should have) in this episode:
Mothering Our Boys: A Guide for Mums of Sons — Maggie’s latest book
“This is the book I’m on the earth to write.” — Maggie Dent
maggiedent.com — Maggie’s website. Jam-packed with resources!
Let Grow — The new website of Lenore Skenazy, of Free-Range Kids fame
Dear mums of smelly, unmotivated, lazy, moody and confused 14 year old boys — one of Maggie’s best blog posts
Maggie Dent on YouTube –– Pro Tip: These short videos are great to share with dads!
IF YOU LIKE THIS EPISODE – Please share it with a friend! (and thanks!)
TEXT them the link: http://on-boys-podcast.com
And share on your social media:
Twitter: Use this link
Facebook: Use this link
Linkedin: Use this link